Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Like a Mobius Strip made of Time

This last month has absolutely flown by, but at the same time it also feels like it hasn't edged forward at all. Just a few weeks ago I was driving across the country, freshly graduated, making my way back the the left coast, and now here I am, waiting out my last 30 days as an active employee at my present job.

Time flies, but also drags...oh how lovely the waiting is.

When I decided to go to China it was like...everything happened in a few short weeks. I got my passport, my visa, and my plane tickets and left. This has been such a long process and now I am literally 46 days away from getting on a plane...I think it's harder because I know when it's all going down.

Right now I'm trying to figure out my packing situation and I'm desperately trying to get together some things I'll need while I'm there. And all this while I STILL haven't unpacked anything from moving home.

I've been having lots of dreams lately. Dreams about conversations with monks, naps in hammocks, and making mosquito traps out of 2 liter bottles (it's true! only requires a 2 liter bottle, water, sugar, and yeast).

And you know the funny thing? Turns out God is helping me prepare for the heat--my normally mild and damp Pacific Northwest has suddenly turned into a scorching inferno intent on breaking all kinds of heat records and making people generally very miserable.

C'est la vie, non?

No comments:

Post a Comment