Tuesday, July 21, 2009

In the beginning...

I registered for the Peace Corps today...lots of fun filling out forms and talking about safety, anxieties and aspirations, policies, and expectations.

I've met the people that will be my fellow volunteers and they all seem to be really cool so far. There are quite a lot of us from the Seattle area--the U.W. is the Peace Corps' largest provider of volunteers, I guess, and it turns out that even if you're just FROM the area a not a Dawg you're more likely to apply for the PC. Who knew!?

I'm excited to begin the next part of this adventure--I have a LOT of travel in front of me (Tokyo, Bangkok, and Phnom Penh all a day apart from each other) and then we jump into training with both feet.

Here's to challenge, growth, and the benefits afforded by caffein.

No comments:

Post a Comment